Sunday, June 10, 2018

6/10/18 - Sport Launch in Geneseo

I attended the June sport launch in Geneseo. It was a much calmer launch than NSL two weeks ago, with only a couple dozen flights in the time we were there. The weather was nearly perfect, with light and variable winds. Overall, it was a fun and relaxing day for rocketry.

I did two flights and put together videos with ground views from my phone, pad videos from my GoPro, and onboard video from my Mobius:

First, I launched my X-Calibur on a CTI H87 Imax. It reached 1748 feet and had a perfect recovery. It landed only about 200 feet away.



Then I launched the Eclipse on an Aerotech I327 Dark Matter. It reached 2042 feet and landed about 400 feet away. It showed its characteristic wiggle on the way up, which is visible in the ground videos.



No comments:

Post a Comment