Saturday, April 28, 2018

Tomach 2.6" Build Day One, Electronics Bay

In addition to the motor mount work I did today, I also started laying out the electronics bay. This is particularly challenging because there just isn't much room to fit the equipment inside.

Bulkheads, Bulkplates, Plywood Electronics Sled that Came with the Kit

Bulkplate. These came pre-drilled incorrectly.
This picture shows my marks for drilling it correctly.

Dry Fitting the Components

Threaded Rods for the Electronics Sled

After realizing I never would have been able to fit two altimeters
 and two 9 Volt batteries (for deployment redundancy) on  the
 included electronics sled, I decided to make my  own wood 
plates, while still using  the included threaded rod guide.

Custom Cut 1/8" Plywood for Electronics Sled

One of the pieces has been marked for notching.
The notches are used to assemble with the laser cut
threaded rod guides that were included.

Test Fitting the Electronics Sled.
I had to notch one end to clear
the hardware from the 1/4" eye-bolt.

Altimeter Mounting Hardware Installed

Electronics Sled

Bulkplate Assembly (2 Plates) being JB Welded

Using Weights to Press the JB Weld
into the Fiberglass Bulkplate Assembly

No comments:

Post a Comment