Saturday, April 28, 2018

First New Rocket in over 5 Years(!) - Madcow Rocketry 2.6" Tomach

I have gotten excited about rocketry again this year. I decided to get a new kit to build and fly. I wanted something less expensive than the Competitor 4 but still capable of great performance. After a few days of research I bought a Madcow Rocketry 2.6" Tomach Dual Deploy.

This is an all fiberglass kit that is 2.6" in diameter and 63" in length. In other words, it is small, but not so small that it won't be fun to fly. What's great is that with average building techniques, the fiberglass construction and 54mm motor mount mean that it is capable of extreme performance. Mach 1+ and altitudes of 17,000 feet should be achievable.

Here are some pictures of the rocket kit and some of the gear I bought to go with it:

Tomach 2.6" Kit

Paper Insert

Parts

Recovery Gear from Top Flight Recovery 

54-38mm Adapter, 54-29mm Adapter, Aeropack Motor Retainer

No comments:

Post a Comment