Friday, May 26, 2017

Summer 2017 Plans

I've decided to start flying rockets again. It's been nearly 3 years since I last flew Positive Ascent's final flight, and the Competitor 4's 2nd flight:

Links here:
Positive Ascent Flight #20 Post #1 of 2
Positive Ascent Flight #20 Post #2 of 2
Competitor 4 Flight #2 Post

I've decided I'm definitely not taking Positive Ascent out of retirement, despite the requests of several people to do so. The following are what I have planned for the short term:

1) I'm going to be finishing (painting) the Competitor 4 and making that my go-to "big" rocket.

2) I will modify the old X-Calibur to include an altimeter for apogee deployment. That will be a good easy flier that's easier on the wallet, and quicker to prepare for flight.

Separate updates on each of these efforts will follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment