Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The "We" (shortened Weasel)

Well I got sick of seeing the remains (just the booster and nose cone) of the Weasel's shred on my workbench so I decided to try to make it fly again.

After playing around in Rocksim with motor weight vs. required nose weight, I figured out that 1 and 2 grain 29mm motors should fly it nicely...with 10 ounces of nose weight to keep it stable.

I put 9 ounces of BB's into the nose cone and poured 1 oz of West Systems epoxy on top to sink into it them and hold everything in place.

With a 38-29mm motor adapter in place, the only way to still fit a parachute and Kevlar shock cord was to use the empty space still left in the nose cone. I used a dowel to retain the shock cord in the nose.



Here's the finished We. I expect about 700 feet or so on a Pro29 F59.

No comments:

Post a Comment