Thursday, July 1, 2010

Finishing the Super Weasel

The Super Weasel is now ready for flight. The last coat of clear coat is drying on the booster section now.
Below is a look at one of the fin sections with primer and wood filler in need of sanding. This is the most time consuming part of rocketry for me because I always attempt to get the best finish possible, except in the case of this rocket. Since I plan on launching in 3 days, one of which I am working, and the other I plan on focusing on my L3, I allowed some minor imperfections to pass "inspection."


The following are what the booster section looked like with one coat of primer and wood filler, all sanded and ready for the next coat of primer:







The color scheme I went with deviates from the Rocksim preview due to me changing my mind about a dozon times in the last 2 days. What I came up with is at the very least, bright. It's very simple and not the most attractive but I don't think it looks bad for completing all finishing on the rocket in 2 days.



No, the lights on the lawn mower are not on, it's from the camera flash.

3 comments:

  1. Damn son,

    Dang don dun thing gunna look all fast like, sssshhiittt....

    FAST LIKE A WEASEL RUN THRU ORANGE PAINT OUT OF A MOLE TRAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fast like a Weasel that run thru orange paint out of a mole trap that will disintegrate at about 1000 feet/sec.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dag goonit! I bet a a bit of that them there "Christoos" could sure as fire get that there back from differentiation!

    ReplyDelete