Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Super Weasel Nearly Ready for Finishing

At this point, all of the fillets are done. They are really oversize, and I honestly think the wood of the fins would break before the root of the fin/ body tube joints (this is a good thing).


This is my attempt at motor retention, which is a unique challenge on a minimum diameter rocket. I ran a 100lb Kevlar cord around the drogue recovery harness inside the airframe. The idea is that these cords are small enough that they don't interfere too much with installation of the motor. Once the motor is installed, the cords can be tied around the aft end of the motor, preventing it from sliding out. I've never seen this setup but I think it will work well.


This is the completed aft assembly, including the installed rail buttons. The next step is priming and filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment