Saturday, June 10, 2017

Competitor 4 Painting Completed

I finished the paint on the Competitor 4. I still have to do the gloss clear on the whole rocket, which will make the whole thing nice and shiny, and also help to protect the paint from nicks and scratches. It's interesting to note the the fluorescent orange and fluorescent green Krylon colors that I used are very flat, so the black is much shinier than those colors in person. I'm hoping the gloss coat will make the fluorescent colors shine also.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. I think it will look awesome out on the pad, loaded for flight. Here are some pictures of the completed paint scheme, followed by more progress pictures showing what it took to get there.

Complete

Complete, with forward airframe section removed.

Fincan

Forward part of forward tube masked for the orange.

Forward part of forward tube masked for the orange.

Orange on the forward airframe tube.

Orange on the forward airframe tube.

Forward airframe tube masked for the two black rings.

Two black rings painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment