Sunday, June 3, 2012

29mm Mach Breaker, Ejection Test, Finishing Up

I performed an ejection test today to verify the correct amount of black powder. I used 1/4 gram of powder and I am happy with the results. As you can see in the ejection video, everything ejected and did not tangle. There was a little scorching on the streamers (caution tape) so I will replace those. I used 5 sheets of Estes recovery wadding and I just barely have room for one more sheet, which should help prevent that from happening during the actual flight.

I also painted the rocket Pumpkin Orange for the base color. I will likely add a little black or another dark color on it to make it less boring, but nothing fancy.


Another shot with the motor for size comparison.

The nozzle.



Here's how it will sit when ready to launch. I will add a few small streamers to the top of the tower so people can see what pad the LCO is talking about. It will be a heads up flight, and the rocket will barely even be visible at 300 feet away.

1 comment:

  1. How fast will it be going when it leaves the tower?

    ReplyDelete