Saturday, July 16, 2011

Rocketry Update

I will be flying Positive Ascent again this summer on August 6th or 7th with the PYRO club if the weather cooperates. I have selected the Pro75 5 grain M1540-Imax motor for this flight. At 6819 Newton-seconds, it's the most total impulse that will physically fit into Positive Ascent. Rocksim simulates apogee at 10,460 feet, with a top speed of 728 mph (.96 mach).
____________________________________________________________________________________

I finally made some progress on Destroyerator today. I used a jig saw to do the rough cuts on all 8 fins. I also put the first layer of 10 oz/sq.yrd. fiberglass cloth on both sides of 2 of the fins.

The fins still need to be sanded to their final shape and beveled.

Cut Out Finally

Fiberglass Ready for Epoxy

Wet-Out Fiberglass on One Side



Cutting Out the Fiberglass for Another Fin



Weight to Press the Epoxy In

3 comments:

  1. Looks good Pete! Is PYRO club just another name for DBF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dan. And no, unfortunately there's no all night, drunk-with-no-sleep build sessions with my friends. Just me in my "spare" time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who did you steal those rims from?

    ReplyDelete